Following the recommended precautions of our city’s leadership and health professionals, we are continuing to practice social distancing. We want to be a part of the solution to suppress exposure to the highly contagious disease. The following outlines changes to our worship, meeting and event schedules:
We welcome members and guests to worship with us safely. We continue to monitor and adjust our offerings, exercising the utmost of caution during the COVID-19 pandemic, so we will continue to practice health and safety measures.
- We’ll also ask those who have been exposed to COVID or are experiencing ANY SYMPTOMS to please worship with us virtually.
- We will be sanitizing spaces in between services. So, we will only have our 8 or 11:30 am services in-person. 10 a.m. will remain virtual.
Our youth meet in person at 11:30 a.m. on 1st – 4th Sundays. Kingdom Kidz and Rhythm teens meet in their respective worship spaces. The nursery is now open.
- PLEASE CONTINUE TO REGULARLY SUPPORT SMBC FINANCIALLY through your consistent giving of tithes and offerings through use of your giving envelopes, the Saint Mark app, and the PushPay app, both of which can be downloaded from the app store of your digital device. The church offices will be open during regular business hours for those who want to bring their contributions and leave them in the giving boxes in the Atrium. Those who choose to mail their contributions to the church should use this mailing address:
Saint Mark Baptist Church
5722 W. 12th Street, Little Rock, AR 72204, ATTN: SMBC FINANCE COMMITTEE
The Saint Mark Baptist Church (SMBC) seeks to be a proactive congregation and community partner in mitigating exposure and spread of the coronavirus in our area. In an effort to inform SMBC members and friends of our continued efforts to ensure the health and safety of our congregation, please be aware of the following:
CURRENT STATUS & PROCEDURES
- All persons entering our buildings must stop at the tables at the Main Entrance to conduct any business with the church. Use of hand sanitizer and other safety procedures are mandatory.
- The SMBC maintenance staff conducts a daily and regular cleaning of our Worship Center, Children & Youth Center. Family Life Center, and Outreach/Education Center, including worship spaces, meeting rooms, classrooms, offices and restrooms throughout the week prior to and post event usage. This practice utilizes standard cleaning tools, instruments, and disinfectants.
- SMBC has a combined twenty-eight operational multi-person and single-use restrooms across our campus. Each are equipped with soap dispensers and paper towels.
SMBC is currently supplied with multiple bottles of hand sanitizer in every gathering space outside of the sanctuary for member and visitor use.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
If you are displaying any symptoms of a cold, flu or virus of ANY FORM:
- We ask that you NOT enter the church facility until you recover from any and all symptoms through the full 14-day CDC advised self-quarantine period; this includes ALL members, ministry leaders, visitors and church staff.
- We ask that you take the necessary health precautions and contact your doctor for advisement.
- We ask that you thoroughly wash your hands for twenty seconds using disinfectant soap in all settings.
- We ask that you limit your coughs to within the elbow and sleeve space of the arm to reduce the spread of potential bacteria in all settings.
- We ask that you visit the website of The Center of Disease Control for further prevention measures you can take to protect you and your family: https://www.cdc.gov/corona…/2019-ncov/community/…/index.html.
ONGOING VACCINE OPPORTUNITIES:
Arkansas Heart Hospital
Arkansas Heart Hospital has open appointments for the vaccine for all eligible groups. CLICK HERE for details.
Arkansas Department of Health
The Arkansas Department of Health has a full listing of pharmacy locations where you can make appointments to get vaccinated. Just search for your county and click this link for a pharmacy near you.
Baptist Hospital COVID Vaccine Clinic
Visit our friends at Baptist Health to set up your vaccine appointment. CLICK HERE
Kavanaugh Pharmacy Vaccine Clinic
Visit our friends at Kavanaugh Pharmacy to set up your vaccine appointment. CLICK HERE
UAMS Vaccine Clinic
Visit our friends at UAMS Health to set up your vaccine appointment. CLICK HERE