“O God, your ways are holy. Is there any god as mighty as you?” – Psalm 77:13 (NLT)
Worship is often thought of as the musical portion of a church service. While singing praises to God is a part of our worship experience on Sundays and Wednesdays, worship happens when, with sincere hearts, we fully give ourselves to God. True worship is your lifestyle.
During worship service at Saint Mark, we use music and song to help set our minds on God and his might. By doing this together as a congregation, we are fulfilling another principle of worship—fellowship. Our worship services also incorporate praises through dance, prayer, giving, and hearing the preached word.
Our corporate worship is led by our nationally recognized and award-winning choir, the Saint Mark Sanctuary Choir. With nearly 100 voices, this anointed body of singers is the largest choral unit within the Music Ministry. Here are some of the choir’s credits:
- Sang for President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama at the 2013 White House Christmas Party
- Featured artist on ABC’s Good Morning America
- Featured in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- 2013 National Winner, Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound Choir Competition
- 2012 Regional Winner, Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound Choir Competition
- 2011 Regional Winner, Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound Choir Competition
Other choirs include Chosen Generation, for youth ages 13-17, Watson Primary Ensemble, for children ages 2-12, and the Senior Choir, for Saint Mark’s Golden Saints.
Our Dance, Mime and Drama Ministries also provide awesome ministry through movement and spoken word.